top of page
The Jennifer Ashleigh Foundation

Families with children with severe medical issues or permanent disabilities are eligible for funding through the Jennifer Ashleigh Children Charity to assist with the cost of speech therapy. 

President's Choice Children's Charity

Eligible families of children with various developmental delays and developmental disabilities including autism and cerebral palsy can receive funding through the President’s Choice Children’s Charity for speech therapy. 

Provincial and Federal Government of Ontario Assistance Programs

Funding may be available to families with children with special needs. Ontario provincial government programs include Special Services At Home Program that helps families with children with physical or developmental disabilities and Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities Program that provides financial support to eligible families to help with the costs of caring for children with severe disabilities. These programs are funded and managed by the Ministry of Community and Social Services. The Ontario Provincial Government also supports for children and youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and their families. Eligible services include speech language pathology services, family and caregiver training​ and technology aids such as computer, tablet or smart phone, software or applications. The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care provides access to assistive devices through the Assistive Devices Program (ADP). This program helps cover the cost of communicating aids including communication display boards, writing aids and speech-generating devices. Revenue Canada offers support through the Disability Tax Credit (DTC)a non-refundable tax credit that helps persons with disabilities or their supporting persons reduce the amount of income tax they may have to pay. If you are receiving Ontario Works, you may be eligible for certain health-related benefits, including coverage for assistive speech devices. Ontario Works may also help you with the cost of an assessment for an assistive device. For more information and to find out what is available to you, please contact your Ontario Works office.

We will be happy to assist you with the application for funding to the organizations above. 

Services are also covered by most extended health care plans

Many workplaces provide extended health benefit plans that include coverage for speech, language and swallowing assessment and therapy provided by Speech-Language Pathologists registered with CASLPO (the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists). We will provide you with the documentation required for insurance reimbursement. 

If you have further questions about funding contact us at 647-848-2988, by email at  or by filling out the online form


bottom of page