top of page
Ontario Autism Program
Ontario Autism program (OAP) offers financial support to children and youth diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD).  

To register for the Ontario Autism Program, your child must:

  • be under age 18

  • currently live in Ontario

  • have a written diagnosis of autism from a qualified professional


For more information about the Ontario Autism Program, please visit

The Ontario Provincial government expanded the list of eligible expenses to support people and their families while community-based activities and settings are closed. These changes allow our clients to use their funding for technology and other items that may make it easier for them to stay at home. 


New eligible expenses include:

  • Technology

    • Laptops and tablet PCs

    • Webcams and microphones

    • Online and e-learning activities and resources

    • ​​E-readers (e.g. Kindle or Kobo)
  • Sensory Items, such as​ multi-sensory related products and technologies

This program is funded and managed by the Ministry of Community and Social Services.

The Ontario Provincial Government also supports for children and youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and their families. Eligible services include:
  • Speech-language pathology services
  • Family and caregiver training​
  • Technology aids such as computer, tablet or smart phone, software or applications
Other Provincial and Federal Support Programs 
The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care provides access to assistive devices through the Assistive Devices Program (ADP). This program helps cover the cost of communicating aids including communication display boards, writing aids and speech-generating devices.
Revenue Canada offers support through the Disability Tax Credit (DTC)a non-refundable tax credit that helps persons with disabilities or their supporting persons reduce the amount of income tax they may have to pay.
If you are receiving Ontario Works, you may be eligible for certain health-related benefits, including coverage for assistive speech devices. Ontario Works may also help you with the cost of an assessment for an assistive device. For more information and to find out what is available to you, please contact your Ontario Works office.
We will be happy to assist you with the application for funding to the organizations above. 
Speech Therapy Services are covered by most extended health care plans
Many workplaces provide extended health benefit plans that include coverage for speech, language and swallowing assessment and therapy provided by Speech-Language Pathologists registered with CASLPO (the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists). Funding sources that cover onsite speech-language pathology services can be used for speech teletherapy.
We will provide you with the documentation required for insurance reimbursement.
The Jennifer Ashleigh Foundation
Families with children with severe medical issues or permanent disabilities are eligible for funding through the Jennifer Ashleigh Children Charity to assist with the cost of speech therapy. 
President's Choice Children's Charity
Eligible families of children with various developmental delays and developmental disabilities including autism and cerebral palsy can receive funding through the President’s Choice Children’s Charity for speech therapy. 
If you have further questions about funding contact us at 647-848-2988, by email at  or by filling out the online form


bottom of page